Finale’s Systems – Get Rid of Coda Structures
Sometimes, Finale does something weird and it creates a coda system or something that looks like a coda system and you don’t want it. It’s a pain to get rid of…until today!
Why does it happen?
I have no idea. It’s happened to me before, but I couldn’t tell you why.
What does the problem look like?
How to Fix It
- Using the default selector tool (hit escape a bunch of times to get there), right click the first measure next to the new barline, click Insert Measure Stack. It’ll bring up a dialogue box that has the number 1 pre-filled. Hit enter.
- Move the measures containing material you wrote to the next staff below. Do this by using the keyboard shortcut Command + ↓ (on Mac) or Control + ↓ (on Windows).
- Switch to the page tool, right click the measure we inserted, and click delete systems.
- Select the system that is now compressed, right click, and select Edit Margins. Set the Right margin to 0 and hit apply.
- Enjoy your coda-free music!